You know what that means, don’t you? New season, new style! There’s something about the summer season that makes it more fun to go all out on experiments and go as fearless as you can be. And nothing says outgoing and creative better than experimenting with the most timeless accessory in your arsenal: your very own crown of glory—your hair.
Ready for fun hair colors for the summer? Here’s a list of our favorite summer hues, as inspired by some of our favorite Korean celebrities!
Singer, DJ, and TV personality Kim Hyoyeon is really rocking her ash blonde hair! It’s a great blend of white blonde and ashy gray, leading to a muted blonde look that’s perfect for those with a lighter complexion and equally light eyes. If you have darker tones, fret not, since this look also works for sun-kissed skin. With its cool undertones, ash blonde is literally the best way to cool down your hair, just in time for the hot summer weather!
The color of fun femininity and innocence, pink can enhance your features and give you a more youthful glow. What more if it’s used on your hair, right? This sweet-as-candy color also means that you won’t need that much makeup—it’s already loud enough by itself, despite its delicate and childlike appeal.
Plus, it’s perfect for pretty much every scenario during summer. Music festival? Pink hair + rocker outfit = cool. Date night? Pink hair + plain summer dress = dainty. Just take a look at Korean actress Han Ye-seul showing off her pink hair. Simple but unquestionably fashionable. This is one of the fun hair colors for the summer that we’re truly excited to try out!
Blackpink’s Rosé looks absolutely stunning in her fiery waves, that’s for sure! Red hair throughout the decades has always exuded confidence, and anyone who’s brave enough to rock this very loud color certainly has what it takes to take their fashion to the next level. It doesn’t matter what shade of red it is—wine red, mahogany, auburn, when you see red, you know that it’s blazing hot. A perfect shade for the equally hot summer weather!
Prominent Korean fashion model Irene Kim is definitely in style with her ombre violet locks. This beautiful hair color can make you look more vibrant and lively, especially if you’re on the paler side. Pair it up with some nude or ‘no makeup’ makeup look and you’re good to go! In addition to this, violet as a hair color is generally not a usual choice, which makes it all the more fun to rock this look during the summer season!
1. Missha’s 7 Days Coloring Hair Treatment in Ash Grey for Hyoyeon' amazing hair color
2. Etude House’s Two Tone Treatment Hair Color in Pale Pink for Han Ye-seul's dreamy look
3. Aritaum's Wonder Color Hair Cream in Red Wine for Rosé’s hot locks
4. Nature Republic's Hair & Nature Color Treatment in Wine Violet for Irene's beautiful look
5. These fun hair colors for the summer all require you to bleach your hair, so if you want to keep your hair safe and protected, be sure to use only the best hair products, preferably those that also minimizes possible damages from bleaching. For best results, we recommend The Face Shop’s Stylist Silky Hair Bleach Powder.
Want to stay updated with the latest trends in Korea’s fashion and beauty industry? Don’t forget to follow us here at CodiPOP!